Thursday, September 11, 2008

Belly aches, loose teeth and swing mishaps

I'll start by saying that God is faithful and ALWAYS sees me through....but sometimes I am not so sure. Clara is feeling very "overwhelmed" with all the new stuff that comes with the 4th grade and a new school! We are having lots of tears and belly aches from it. We are praying that she will find the strength and courage that she needs. These times are so hard on Mom and Dad because we want to fix it all, but we know that she needs to do it on her own. This morning I just kept repeating the bible verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" to her. I know she'll adjust and figure it all out with time, but pray for her during this time.
Silas had one of those days yesterday, everything just went wrong for him. By dinner, I was ready to pull my hair out! But finally, he found his inner peace at the school picnic riding the swing. He was laughing and having the time of his life and then....he let go and flew out! He was fine, but his face looks like he has been in a cat fight!
THEN, after a llllllooooonnnngggg day, we were on our way home. Silas was singing praise songs, Clara was happy and Ellie starts screaming "Call Grandmother, I lost my tooth!" What a girl! She just found it loose on Tuesday night and she had wiggled for 24 hours! She can not quit grinning and couldn't wait to get to school to show her teacher.
After putting the kids to bed, I was ready for a pizza and hot fudge cake...but we are doing weight watchers so I had a glass of iced tea (with splenda) and some 1 point cookies!
God is good and I'm so thankful that His grace is new every morning.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Leonards! We miss you back in Charlotte! Ellie, Congratulations on the tooth! Brandon really wants to lose his first tooth. I think he's the only first grader who hasn't yet! Glad you are all doing well and so glad you are blogging more so we can keep up with you! Let me know next time you come "home" so we can catch up with you!!

Visitors