Sunday, November 16, 2008

We are reminded....

Today we are holding firm to one of Mary Ann's favorite verses...
"Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will give us later."
This morning her temperature has risen, her kidneys have stopped working and her responses and words are no more.  She rests peacefully as we grasp onto the promise that our Heavenly father has given us.  We are so thankful that her suffering is just about over and that even now as I write this she is waiting for the Father to call her home.  
As we gathered around her today for a time of prayer, my Mom reminded us of all those waiting on her.  Her mother, her daughter and her nephew to name a few.  We began to talk about the anticipation that they must feel - as sad as we are, they are rejoicing as they wait for her entrance.
Oh God how faithful you are to us that when we are at our saddest moments you meet us there with hope and assurance.  
I have been blessed by a "slew" of people over the past few days.  My husband graciously brought me to Bristol on Thursday so I could spend this time with her, he has taken care of babies all weekend and today he took the girls back home.   At home I not only have him, but I have my Puckett family waiting with open arms and willing hearts to take care of the girls in my abscence.  Here I have a wonderful brother and sister-in-law who have taken care of my baby boy all day and are coming back tomorrow to do the same.  All of these people are giving me a gift that I can never repay and I am so thankful for them.  
On Friday I shared some great moments with my Nanny, I will never forget the many times she said "I love you darlin'"  or the kisses that I gave her and the hours I spent holding her hand.
On Saturday she became very quiet, but I was able to spend a whole day loving on her again.  Today she is still peaceful and resting and I along with her sisters, her Honey Bob and son have spend the day loving on her.  I have heard the sweetest prayers said over her by her sisters and Bob.  The spirit has been there and I am so thankful to have been a part of this day!
Keep praying.....

No comments:

Visitors