Monday, March 31, 2008

You sure don't get this on cable...

It has become a Leonard tradition to do the Resurrection eggs as a devotion the week leading up to Easter. This year the two little girls really got into all the facts surrounding the Easter story. After the second night, I realized we were going to have to limit our comments or they would go on forever. Everyone is allowed one thought before and after our devotion time. It didn't take long and you could tell that each one was trying to out do the other - to seem more knowledgable or more observant. The commments always start with "I think it is interesting", or "Actually...." Though each of their comments and additions were precious - by night 10 they had really said about all they had to say. As we were finishing up the story of Mary Magdalene and the other Mary going to the tomb, little Ellie's hand shot up for her comment. She said "I think it is interesting that Mary Jones and the other Mary have the same name, I actually think they probably look alike just like me and Clara." Clara's hand shot up as fast as could be, when I asked her to share she looked right at Ellie and said "It's not Mary Jones, it is Mary Macintosh!" Oh my!!! After the week we have had....laughter really is the best medicine!

No comments:

Visitors