Thursday, December 4, 2008

Memories

Creating the atomosphere of Christmas for my children is so much fun! I love the little things that make your house "feel" like Christmas and the special things we do that we only do at Christmas. I think I inherited that from my momma. This picture was taken a couple of years ago. My mom had come to stay for a week while Beau was out of town. I did all of the "bulk" of decorating so that when she got there she could put her special touches everywhere! She poofed her magic wand all over my house and by the end of the week there were special things on all the doors and pretty candy everywhere you looked! What a great week we had and what wonderful memories we made.
This year my stuff is in an attic eight hours from me and as the season began I felt a little sad that I wouldn't be pulling out so many of my favorite things. But the spirit of the Lord reminded me that all that I need is right with me. So, we will make new traditions and memories this year and I look forward to that. And I really look forward to going home to momma's house, where I can sit by the fire sipping hot chocolate that will no doubt have freshly made whipped cream with shavings of chocolate on top. I am so thankful for my Momma and for the memories she has made for us through the years.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Visitors