Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Potty Training: Day One

After much talking, Silas decided it was time for big boy underwear. It was only because he found a Thomas seat that sits on the toilet!! It had nothing to do with the fact that he is the only Leonard baby to still be wearing diapers at the age of 3! What an interesting concept for a mother to teach their son "how to" pee! We went with the sitting version, I don't think our legs are tall enough for the standing stage. I figure, he has the rest of his life to stand, he might as well sit now while he can! He did great today - 3 accidents and lots of making it! I think that is good for the first day. There has been some pretty funny moments - once he peed in the floor and ran for toilet paper to clean it up! Another time he peed in the floor and he screamed "OH NO MY BOXERS DON'T WORK!!!" But I realized he had the concept when he said with panic "Get me a diaper!" Which translated, "I really need to go potty!"
Tomorrow will for sure have more laughs!!
But as this diaper chapter, no more like novel is nearing the end, I can't help but be a little sad that our babies are all growing up. (I have my last baby potty training and my biggest baby at School Camp!) Yet with the same breath, I can't help but be extremely grateful for these 4 wonderful gifts! God has been so good to us.
Pray for us tomorrow....

No comments:

Visitors