Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful Guest Blogger - 11/22/2009


Today, November 22, 2009, is Robin's 35th Birthday. I asked her if I could guest blog and she asked me not to publish this picture. After logging me on to her blog she left the room and I immediately grabbed the pic and stuck it on the scanner. You look great, baby!!!

I asked to guest blog "Thankful" today to tell you all how thankful I am for my bride. She has been my girl for over half my life and I am more thankful for her than I could ever describe in this blog. She knows me like no one else ever has and still loves me like no one else ever has. She is more than willing to put up with me in ways that no one else will. Hopefully that includes when I publish less than flattering pictures on her own blog.

I am thankful that she has the most genuine and strong motherly instinct. I am thankful that she knows when to push and when to pamper our children, seeing through her children's feelings to recognize their needs. She knows when it is time to reward, when it is time to punish and when it is time to "let it go". She knows when the meltdown is due to fatigue or hunger and is not the child's fault. She knows when my meltdown is due to fatigue or hunger and I need to be treated like any other toddler. I can't imagine parenting without her.

I am thankful for Robin because she is my best friend, my confidant, my help mate, my one and only. She sees my warts and flaws and loves me more. She sees my successes and cheers louder than anyone else. She gives me my wants at the expense of her own needs.

I am so thankful for Robin. She is the best person I know. She is the best mother I know. She is the best wife I know. I am better for knowing her. She is everything to me.

"A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones." - Proverbs 12:4

No comments:

Visitors