Thursday, August 29, 2013

Back to School

It would be amazing to start this post with....what a great start to a new year.   But, to be honest we are not quite there yet.  We have had schedule changes, lunchbox mishaps, anxiety, hours of homework and tears....yet here it is Thursday and thank you Jesus the week is almost done! 
I may have set us up for a tough week when I set the memory verse as:
James 1:2-3
"Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of any kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
At least I know we are building up some perseverance around here!
However, in the midst of it all God's grace has abounded.  We have had prayers answered, favor given, tons of people praying, hosted community group and even an impromptu dinner with friends. 
It's the beginning and we are strapped in and ready for the ride.  At some point I  may wrap my head around the fact that my littlest in second grade, my baby girl is in her last year at Matthews, I have two in high school driving themselves to school...but for now I am concentrating on surviving!
To those who have prayed for our kiddos this week....thank you and keep praying.  Your texts, emails and calls mean the world to all of us!

No comments:

Visitors